- Keep your card in a safe place to avoid damage or theft.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Never write the PIN down on anything in your wallet or on the card.
- When selecting a PIN, avoid numbers and letters that relate to your personal information. For example, don’t use your initials, birthday, telephone or Social Security number. If you have such a number, contact the bank and get a new PIN issued.
- Always shield the screen and keyboard to protect your PIN from bystanders.
- Immediately report a lost or stolen card - Contact Us
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM. If the machine is obstructed from view or poorly lit, visit another ATM.
- Be sure the ATM displays at least one of the following brand marks: MasterCard®, Maestro®, Cirrus® or MoneyPass®.
- Put your card and cash away immediately. Count your money later, and always keep your receipt.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave immediately. If anyone follow you after making a transaction, go to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
- When using an enclosed ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting strangers follow you inside.
- When using a drive-up ATM, make sure all passenger car doors are locked and windows are up.
- Do not leave your car unlocked or engine running when you get out to use an ATM.
- While many ATMs are available 24 hours a day, some may be open only during local business hours. To be on the safe side, plan your withdrawals ahead of time.
- Don’t share your User ID and password with anyone that you don’t want accessing your account.
- Create a very unique password. Don’t reuse passwords for multiple sites.
- Commit your password to memory. Do not write it down or share it.
- Log off when you are done with Online Banking.
- Be cautious about the e-mails you reply to.
- Never click on a link in an e-mail message that asks you to provide sensitive personal, financial or account information.
- If you are asked to update or verify personal or account information, call Heritage Bank & Trust first.
- When your computer is not in use, shut it down or disconnect it from the Internet if you are not protected by a firewall.